A small town reporter has reached out to you - a member of Herald Square Private Eyes - to help solve a cold case from the 80s. When a high school student was murdered, the town was quick to blame it on members of his Dungeons & Dragons club. But was this the real explanation, or was something more sinister lurking in the depths of the Satanic Panic? You will solve puzzles and analyze files to finally put this case to rest.
Appropriate for ages 13+!
You'll receive a digital download with an introduction folder from Jodi Fowler, Crime Reporter for the Nova Gazette, which contains her findings so far, information about the suspects, and some of the original documentation from the case. Also included are our folders with documents and pictures of objects found in four different locations across the town of Springdale. You’ll need to solve puzzles hidden in these folders to eliminate suspects and identify the true killer.
- SOLVE 4 FOLDERS WORTH OF PUZZLES TO CRACK THE CASE - In order to solve this cold case murder mystery game you'll need to sort through dozens of pieces of evidence and solve the puzzles hidden within. Once a puzzle eliminates a suspect, you can cross them off your list until you are left with one name - use it to unlock Jodi’s e-mail and crack the case!
- BE A COLD CASE DETECTIVE - This cold case game puts you in the shoes of an investigator tasked with finding out what really happened to Anthony Ross back in 1985. Will you find mania and fear, or actual demonic activity? And are you brave enough to find out?
- ENTIRELY OFFLINE EVIDENCE - This unsolved case file game includes a diverse collection of evidence including newspaper articles, crime scene reports, photographs, victim and suspect notes, ciphers, magazine clippings, and much more. Better yet, they are all found in your download, allowing for a completely offline game! Play while traveling, at a picnic in the park, or the next time the power goes out. Everything about this mystery game is fiction, but will feel just like you are a real cold-case detective.
- HINT SYSTEM - This game is designed to be challenging and includes a Hints PDF to help guide you during your investigation. This is a multi-step hint system that will point you in the right direction before providing the final answer - and will always warn you before that final answer is revealed.
- PERFECT FOR INDIVIDUALS, COUPLES, GROUPS & PARTIES - True crime and murder mystery fans will love the cerebral challenge of this mystery. Unlike our party games, this cold case game is designed for the puzzle-lovers in your life and can be played as a solo experience, as a couple's activity, or even in a group setting.